Business Litigation in Bergen County and Northern New Jersey
At the law firm of Breslin & Breslin, our trial attorneys advise and represent local businesses about the best ways to resolve contract disputes, employment or severance issues, real estate issues, and other matters that can come up in the course of any company's business.
We understand that your business needs you to concentrate on meeting the demands of your market, not the time and expense of trial preparation and court hearings. Our lawyers therefore work toward expanding your opportunities for a prompt and favorable resolution of your case. Whenever possible, we try to resolve your situation through negotiation, often without the need to file or answer a formal complaint.
In some cases, the terms of your contract will stipulate mediation or binding arbitration as ways to resolve the dispute before or even instead of taking it to court. Our familiarity with the full range of approaches to commercial dispute resolution can protect your interests while advancing your broader business objectives.
Our business litigation practice covers such disputes as the following:
- Breach of contract claims, counterclaims and defenses
- Disputes over contract performance, extension or termination provisions
- Disputes under licensing, sales or distribution agreements
- Employment law disputes
- Enforcement of noncompete, nonsolicitation or confidentiality agreements
- Commercial debt collections
- Commercial real estate disputes